A Clean Slate for the Dodgers

Anna Kim, Staff Writer

On Thursday, March 29, the Los Angeles Dodgers started their 2018 Major League Baseball (MLB) season with a game against the San Francisco Giants. With a 0-1 loss, the Dodgers did not have a strong start to their 2018 season.

Last season,with a season record of 104 wins to 58 losses, they were unable to win the World Series Game 7, with a 5-1 loss against the Houston Astros.

Following their 2017 season, the new season celebrates the sixth time the Dodgers have opened their season in March. It also marks the twelfth time that the Dodgers have played the Giants in their season-opener and the ninth time that they have met for the home-opener at Dodger Stadium.

Tommy Lasorda, former Dodgers manager, said, “ I think this is the year. I [cannot] wait for these guys to celebrate a World Series win … They are such outstanding players and great young men … I want them to raise that flag.”

As of Tuesday, April 10, the Dodgers have a current season record of four wins to six losses. One factor that may contribute to this start is that Justin Turner, third baseman for the Dodgers, suffered a non-displaced fracture in his left wrist last season. Though he is taking time off for his wrist to heal, there is no exact date of when he will be back.

Dodgers fan, Michelle Kim (11), said, “As a longtime supporter of the Dodgers, it is not easy to see them lose. I think they are an amazing team and have the skills to win more games. It is a shame to see that their skills are not being shown well in the games, due to their losses.”

It was also recently announced that the Dodgers would host the 2020 MLB All-Star Game. This will be the first time since 1980 that the game will be hosted in Los Angeles, marking the 40th anniversary since they last hosted the game.

A lover of baseball, Jared Salguero (11), said, “The MLB All-Star Game is a really cool way for players from different teams to come together and become unified. It puts the competitive spirit aside and shows everyone’s love for the sport.”

Tune into Fox Sports West on Friday, April 13 at 10:10 p.m. Eastern time to watch the Los Angeles Dodgers go head-to-head against the Arizona Diamondbacks.

• A Clean Slate for the Dodgers

Sports

West Volleyball Wins Against Saxons

• A Clean Slate for the Dodgers

Sports

Shohei Ohtani’s Rise to Stardom

• A Clean Slate for the Dodgers

Sports

The Villanova Wildcats: NCAA Basketball Champions

• A Clean Slate for the Dodgers

#MeToo Movement Hits Sports Industry

• A Clean Slate for the Dodgers

Sports

The Game That Made History

• A Clean Slate for the Dodgers

Sports

Massive Moves in NFL Free Agency

• A Clean Slate for the Dodgers

Sports

U.S. Wins Gold In Paralympics

• A Clean Slate for the Dodgers

Sports

West Girls’ Basketball Wins CIF

• A Clean Slate for the Dodgers

Sports

One-Handed Shaquem Griffin Impresses at NFL Combine

• A Clean Slate for the Dodgers

Sports

When Tanking is Better than Winning

A Clean Slate for the Dodgers