A Clean Slate for the Dodgers

A Clean Slate for the Dodgers

Anna Kim, Staff Writer

On Thursday, March 29, the Los Angeles Dodgers started their 2018 Major League Baseball (MLB) season with a game against the San Francisco Giants. With a 0-1 loss, the Dodgers did not have a strong start to their 2018 season.

Last season,with a season record of 104 wins to 58 losses, they were unable to win the World Series Game 7, with a 5-1 loss against the Houston Astros.

Following their 2017 season, the new season celebrates the sixth time the Dodgers have opened their season in March. It also marks the twelfth time that the Dodgers have played the Giants in their season-opener and the ninth time that they have met for the home-opener at Dodger Stadium.

Tommy Lasorda, former Dodgers manager, said, “ I think this is the year. I [cannot] wait for these guys to celebrate a World Series win … They are such outstanding players and great young men … I want them to raise that flag.”

As of Tuesday, April 10, the Dodgers have a current season record of four wins to six losses. One factor that may contribute to this start is that Justin Turner, third baseman for the Dodgers, suffered a non-displaced fracture in his left wrist last season. Though he is taking time off for his wrist to heal, there is no exact date of when he will be back.

Dodgers fan, Michelle Kim (11), said, “As a longtime supporter of the Dodgers, it is not easy to see them lose. I think they are an amazing team and have the skills to win more games. It is a shame to see that their skills are not being shown well in the games, due to their losses.”

It was also recently announced that the Dodgers would host the 2020 MLB All-Star Game. This will be the first time since 1980 that the game will be hosted in Los Angeles, marking the 40th anniversary since they last hosted the game.

A lover of baseball, Jared Salguero (11), said, “The MLB All-Star Game is a really cool way for players from different teams to come together and become unified. It puts the competitive spirit aside and shows everyone’s love for the sport.”

Tune into Fox Sports West on Friday, April 13 at 10:10 p.m. Eastern time to watch the Los Angeles Dodgers go head-to-head against the Arizona Diamondbacks.

Anna Kim, Co-Editor in Chief

Anna Kim is the Co-Editor in Chief for Smokes Signals and a senior at West High. Kim enjoys listening to The Fray and watching her favorite TV show, The...

• A Clean Slate for the Dodgers

Sports

Disney and their Live-Action Remakes

• A Clean Slate for the Dodgers

Sports

Green Bay Packers Search For A New Head Coach

• A Clean Slate for the Dodgers

Sports

MLB asks for Donation from Cindy Hyde-Smith

• A Clean Slate for the Dodgers

Sports

New Federal Exercise Requirements

• A Clean Slate for the Dodgers

Sports

World Chess Championship

• A Clean Slate for the Dodgers

Sports

Gold Glove Awards Surprises

• A Clean Slate for the Dodgers

Sports

Spurs Win 143-142 Against the Lakers

• A Clean Slate for the Dodgers

Sports

The 48th WTA Finals Highlights

• A Clean Slate for the Dodgers

Sports

U.S. Women’s Soccer Team Wins Championship

• A Clean Slate for the Dodgers

Sports

Saudi Arabian Prince Taking Over Manchester United?

A Clean Slate for the Dodgers