AFC Makes an Unexpected Comeback

MGN+Online
MGN Online

MGN Online

MGN Online

Jamie Park, Staff Writer

On January 28th, the American Football Conference (AFC) took home the victory with a score of 24-23 against the National Football Conference (NFC) in the Pro Bowl at the Camping World Stadium in Orlando, Florida.

AFC and NFC players, fans, and coaches picked the top 44 players to represent them during the Pro Bowl.

The NFC’s first touchdown was made by the Saints quarterback Drew Brees who threw the ball to the Vikings Adam Thielen, a wide receiver, within the first ten minutes of the first quarter.

Later in the quarter, Chris Boswell from the Steelers made a 41-yard field goal, scoring the first three points for the AFC.

In the second quarter, the NFC punted the ball to the Chiefs punt returner, Tyreek Hill, who failed to secure the ball and fumbled. This led to a NFC first down, and they scored a field goal.

After watching the game, Brandon Park (10) said, “Hill’s fumble was what frustrated me the most throughout the game because he’s a better player than that. He’s a very fast wide receiver who could’ve done a lot better during this Pro Bowl.”

Soon after, Harrison Smith from the Vikings intercepted Steelers Ben Roethlisberger’s pass and got a pick-six, resulting in a score of 20-3.

After halftime, the Titans Delanie Walker helped the AFC gain seven points after catching the first touchdown thrown by Alex Smith, the Kansas City Chiefs quarterback.   

In the same quarter, LeSean McCoy from the Buffalo Bills ran in, scoring another touchdown for the AFC.

Although Daniel De La Rosa (11) does not like the AFC, he was impressed with Walker’s touchdown. He said, “I was rooting for the NFC the entire time, but Walker’s touchdown was amazing because of the double coverage.”

During the last few minutes of the fourth quarter, Raiders quarterback Derek Carr threw a touchdown to Walker. Although the NFC had a chance to win with a field goal, Broncos linebacker Von Miller sealed the game by retrieving a fumble with a stripsack of Rams quarterback Jared Goff.

Regarding the whole game, Iljoon Kim (11) said, “I was sad because the NFC lost, but it was still a fun game to watch. All the players were really good, and it was a good game to watch before the Super Bowl.”

Although the Pro Bowl ended, the New England Patriots will face off against the Philadelphia Eagles at the U.S. Bank Stadium in Minneapolis, Minnesota for the Super Bowl on February 4 at 3:30 PM on NBC.

• AFC Makes an Unexpected Comeback

Sports

West Volleyball Wins Against Saxons

• AFC Makes an Unexpected Comeback

Sports

A Clean Slate for the Dodgers

• AFC Makes an Unexpected Comeback

Sports

Shohei Ohtani’s Rise to Stardom

• AFC Makes an Unexpected Comeback

Sports

The Villanova Wildcats: NCAA Basketball Champions

• AFC Makes an Unexpected Comeback

#MeToo Movement Hits Sports Industry

• AFC Makes an Unexpected Comeback

Sports

The Game That Made History

• AFC Makes an Unexpected Comeback

Sports

Massive Moves in NFL Free Agency

• AFC Makes an Unexpected Comeback

Sports

U.S. Wins Gold In Paralympics

• AFC Makes an Unexpected Comeback

Sports

West Girls’ Basketball Wins CIF

• AFC Makes an Unexpected Comeback

Sports

One-Handed Shaquem Griffin Impresses at NFL Combine

AFC Makes an Unexpected Comeback