The Royal Baby’s Public Debut

Courtesy of E! News

Courtesy of E! News

Courtesy of E! News

Anna Kim, Staff Writer

On Monday, April 23, Prince William, the Duke of Cambridge, and Kate Middleton, the Duchess of Cambridge, had their third child. Weighing eight pounds and seven ounces,  The new baby is the younger brother to Prince George and Princess Charlotte and the sixth great-grandchild to Queen Elizabeth II. He is currently fifth in line to the British throne, after Prince Charles, Prince William, Prince George, and Princess Charlotte.

Danica Liau (11) was delighted at the news of the new royal baby. She said, “I am happy for Prince William and Kate for their new boy. I think he will be a great addition to the royal family and an amazing younger brother to Prince George and Princess Charlotte.”

Middleton gave birth to her new son in the Lindo Wing of St. Mary’s Hospital, in London at around 11 a.m. At around 6 p.m., William and Kate introduced their new son to the world on the steps of Lindo Wing.

A statement from Kensington Palace said, “Their Royal Highnesses would like to thank all staff at the hospital for the care and treatment they have received. They would also like to thank everyone for their warm wishes.”

Similar to how Prince George and Princess Charlotte were both given names a couple days after their birth, the same is said to happen for the new baby. Some possible names are Arthur, Albert, and Frederick.

After hearing news of the royal baby, Michelle Kim (11) said, “I did not expect Prince William and Kate to have a third child, but it is very exciting news that they had a baby boy.”

As tradition follows, the birth of a new royal baby is always announced on a gilded easel placed outside Buckingham Palace. This practice dates back to at least 1837, when Buckingham Palace became the administrative headquarters of the British monarch. The news of the new royal baby was announced on Monday afternoon.

Luckily, the birth of the royal baby is just weeks before Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s wedding, which is set to take place on Saturday, May 19 at Windsor Castle in England.

• The Royal Baby’s Public Debut

Golden State Killer Fights Release of Court Documents

• The Royal Baby’s Public Debut

Re-examined Evidence Points To Water On Europa

• The Royal Baby’s Public Debut

New York Attorney General Convicted of Harassment

• The Royal Baby’s Public Debut

North Koreans Detainees Released

• The Royal Baby’s Public Debut

E. Coli Flare-Up In Romaine Lettuce

• The Royal Baby’s Public Debut

North and South Korea Agree to Remove Nuclear Arms

• The Royal Baby’s Public Debut

Truckers Help with Man Threatening Suicide

• The Royal Baby’s Public Debut

Toronto Van Rampage Leaves 10 People Dead

• The Royal Baby’s Public Debut

Trump Approves Missile Strikes in Syria

• The Royal Baby’s Public Debut

This Is What Dreams Are Made Of

The Royal Baby’s Public Debut