The Royal Baby’s Public Debut

The Royal Baby’s Public Debut

Courtesy of E! News

Courtesy of E! News

Courtesy of E! News

Courtesy of E! News

Anna Kim, Staff Writer

On Monday, April 23, Prince William, the Duke of Cambridge, and Kate Middleton, the Duchess of Cambridge, had their third child. Weighing eight pounds and seven ounces,  The new baby is the younger brother to Prince George and Princess Charlotte and the sixth great-grandchild to Queen Elizabeth II. He is currently fifth in line to the British throne, after Prince Charles, Prince William, Prince George, and Princess Charlotte.

Danica Liau (11) was delighted at the news of the new royal baby. She said, “I am happy for Prince William and Kate for their new boy. I think he will be a great addition to the royal family and an amazing younger brother to Prince George and Princess Charlotte.”

Middleton gave birth to her new son in the Lindo Wing of St. Mary’s Hospital, in London at around 11 a.m. At around 6 p.m., William and Kate introduced their new son to the world on the steps of Lindo Wing.

A statement from Kensington Palace said, “Their Royal Highnesses would like to thank all staff at the hospital for the care and treatment they have received. They would also like to thank everyone for their warm wishes.”

Similar to how Prince George and Princess Charlotte were both given names a couple days after their birth, the same is said to happen for the new baby. Some possible names are Arthur, Albert, and Frederick.

After hearing news of the royal baby, Michelle Kim (11) said, “I did not expect Prince William and Kate to have a third child, but it is very exciting news that they had a baby boy.”

As tradition follows, the birth of a new royal baby is always announced on a gilded easel placed outside Buckingham Palace. This practice dates back to at least 1837, when Buckingham Palace became the administrative headquarters of the British monarch. The news of the new royal baby was announced on Monday afternoon.

Luckily, the birth of the royal baby is just weeks before Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s wedding, which is set to take place on Saturday, May 19 at Windsor Castle in England.

Anna Kim, Co-Editor in Chief

Anna Kim is the Co-Editor in Chief for Smokes Signals and a senior at West High. Kim enjoys listening to The Fray and watching her favorite TV show, The...

• The Royal Baby’s Public Debut

Stranger Shoved Into Road For No Reason

• The Royal Baby’s Public Debut

Paris Fuel Tax Protests

• The Royal Baby’s Public Debut

Polio-like Virus Strikes Across The Nation

• The Royal Baby’s Public Debut

Theresa May’s Brexit Deal

• The Royal Baby’s Public Debut

Chaos Erupts at U.S/Mexico Border With Migrant Caravan

• The Royal Baby’s Public Debut

10 Year Old Saves Senior Citizens’ Lives

• The Royal Baby’s Public Debut

Kyrsten Sinema: First Openly Bisexual Female On Arizona’s Senate

• News

Newlyweds Killed Due To Helicopter Crash

• The Royal Baby’s Public Debut

Jair Bolsonaro Wins Brazilian Election

• News

Pipe Bombs Mailed To Democrats

The Royal Baby’s Public Debut