Frighteningly Fun Arts And Crafts

Courtesy of Aaron Dyer and Andreja

Courtesy of Aaron Dyer from Martha Stewart and Andreja from Easy Peasy and Fun

Courtesy of Martha Stewart and Easy Peasy and Fun

Courtesy of Aaron Dyer and Andreja Courtesy of Aaron Dyer from Martha Stewart and Andreja from Easy Peasy and Fun Courtesy of Martha Stewart and Easy Peasy and Fun

Christine Nguyen, Staff Writer

People across the world are getting for Halloween, which is just around the corner. Besides dressing up or going trick-or-treating, All Hallow’s Eve can also be celebrated with other activities such as arts and crafts. With just a few materials needed, you will be able to make these spooky and convenient creations. Here are some eerily easy Do-It-Yourself arts and crafts ideas:

1. Bat Corner Bookmark

Although this craft contains multiple steps, you will be pleased with the unique touch that it adds to your average bookmark. You will need black origami paper, black paper (preferably construction paper), wiggle eyes stickers, white paper, scissors, glue, and a pencil. Firstly, you would fold the origami paper diagonally on both sides and fold it into a triangle (colored side on the outside). Next you would hold the top of the triangle and fold it towards the bottom of the triangle (to the center). You would crease well and hold the left corner and fold it towards the bottom center of the triangle after. Following that step, you do the same with the other corner, crease well, and unfold both ends. Grab hold of the left corner, fold it towards the top of the crease, and crease well. Then you do the same with the other corner, tuck in the left “flap” into the pocket, and do the same with the other. Finally, you can decorate your bookmark by cutting out two wings from the black construction paper, cutting two fangs out of white paper, and gluing the two wiggle eye stickers. That is it! Now your books will also be spreading the spirit.

2. Skeleton Skills

Whether these skeleton balloons are bouncing across the ceiling during a party or sitting in a corner, they will surely set the tone. You will need white card stock, lightweight black construction paper, a balloon, a paper garland, glue dots, a skeleton template, and decoupage finish and paintbrush. Firstly, you need to print the templates and cut them out. Afterwards, you need to decoupage the face. Then you would need to trim the garland, cut the spine and limbs. According to Martha Stewart, a writer and television personality, said, “We used fourteen inches for spine, sixteen for arms, and nineteen for legs. Last but not least, you would adhere the spine and arms to the balloon with the glue dots. You would also add on legs, hands, and feet clip art with dots as the finishing touches. Now you have a skeleton balloon that is ready to steal the show with its fluttering limbs and bobbing head!

From bookmarks to balloons, these are just a few out of many activities that you can create for Halloween. It is that time of the year to get together with your family and friends and be creepily creative. Have a safe Halloween!

Christine Nguyen, Staff Writer

Christine Nguyen is a sophomore staff writer for Smoke Signals. She enjoys listening to music, reading, and dancing. She plays tennis as well as the piano...

• Frighteningly Fun Arts And Crafts

Gallimaufry

Thanksgiving Safety Tips

• Frighteningly Fun Arts And Crafts

Editorial

South Korea: The Kore of Tourism

• Frighteningly Fun Arts And Crafts

Gallimaufry

Shamrock Sweets For St. Paddy’s Day

• Frighteningly Fun Arts And Crafts

Gallimaufry

In Distress? De-stress!

• Frighteningly Fun Arts And Crafts

Gallimaufry

Know Your Coffee!

• Frighteningly Fun Arts And Crafts

Gallimaufry

The Top Trends of 2017

• Frighteningly Fun Arts And Crafts

Gallimaufry

Baked Apple Pie Dumplings

• Frighteningly Fun Arts And Crafts

Gallimaufry

Cheap And Easy DIY Halloween Costumes

• Frighteningly Fun Arts And Crafts

Gallimaufry

A Finger-licking Halloween Treat!

• Frighteningly Fun Arts And Crafts

Gallimaufry

Mummify Those Dogs!

Frighteningly Fun Arts And Crafts