Cheap And Easy DIY Halloween Costumes

Jack Hogse, Staff Writer

Halloween is coming up soon, and almost all activities possible on this particular holiday include dressing up. However, what to do if you just don’t have the money or the time to go out and buy a brand new off-the-rack costume? Well, worry not, because there are plenty of ways you can save time and cash this year by making your own costumes with common household items. Here are three cheap and easy Do-It-Yourself costume ideas:

1. The Traditional “Charlie Brown Ghost” Costume
This one seems a little too easy, but it is a classic. First, you will need a plain white bed sheet. Then, after you’ve placed the center of the sheet evenly on the top of your head, you draw circles around the areas where your eyes are. Next, take off the sheet and use scissors to cut holes out of the circles you just drew. Finally, place it back on your head and adjust it so that you can see out of the holes. That’s it! You are now a spooky ghost ready to haunt the living.

2. “Rosie the Riveter” Costume
This one is just for the ladies. Rosie the Riveter was the fictional star of a public relations campaign for working women back during World War II, and was famous for her slogan, “We Can Do It!” All you will need is a red bandana, a plain blue, long sleeve button-up shirt, some blue jeans, and some (optional) work boots. Simply tie your hair up in the bandana, roll up your shirt sleeves, pull your jeans up high, flex your bicep, and you’ll be the spitting image of that cultural icon from 75 years ago.

3. “Mummy” Costume
Here’s another plain white bed sheet-based classic. Like the ghost costume, this one doesn’t really need a whole lot of explanation. Just cut the bed sheet(s) up into long four or five inch wide strips. Take all those long strips of cloth and wrap them around essentially every square inch of your body; your legs, torso, arms and head. You may need a little white or clear shipping tape to hold the ends of some of the strips in place. Make sure to leave a little space around your eyes so you can safely see where you’re going, of course. Slowly walk around with your arms out in front of you while you moan and groan (kind of like Frankenstein’s monster).

There you have it, three easy homemade costumes that will absolutely amaze your friends! Or maybe they won’t. Either way, at least you’ll have saved yourself a few bucks. Have a safe Halloween!

• Cheap And Easy DIY Halloween Costumes

Gallimaufry

Know Your Coffee!

• Cheap And Easy DIY Halloween Costumes

Gallimaufry

The Top Trends of 2017

• Cheap And Easy DIY Halloween Costumes

Gallimaufry

Baked Apple Pie Dumplings

• Cheap And Easy DIY Halloween Costumes

Gallimaufry

A Finger-licking Halloween Treat!

• Cheap And Easy DIY Halloween Costumes

Gallimaufry

Mummify Those Dogs!

• Cheap And Easy DIY Halloween Costumes

Feature

Capturing the Years Between Pages

• Cheap And Easy DIY Halloween Costumes

7 Ways to Spend Spring Break

• Cheap And Easy DIY Halloween Costumes

Gallimaufry

Untold Stories of the Mall

• Cheap And Easy DIY Halloween Costumes

#TreatYoSelf

• Cheap And Easy DIY Halloween Costumes

Gallimaufry

Ten Tips for Acing Finals

Cheap And Easy DIY Halloween Costumes