Senior Spotlight: Dahlia Pachecho

Senior Spotlight: Dahlia Pachecho

Courtesy of Dahlia Pachecho

Courtesy of Dahlia Pachecho

Courtesy of Dahlia Pachecho

Courtesy of Dahlia Pachecho

Ulia Zaman, Staff Writer

Dahlia Pachecho (12) is a senior at West High who knows how to test her limits and has been involved in a number of activities, involving Film Club, Play Production, and Band/Drumline. I interviewed her about her experience with Stage Managing and her plans for the future.

Q: What do you want to do in the future? In college and afterwards?
A: In college, I plan on studying Psychology, Sociology, and maybe doing stage managing in the future.

Q: When did you decide that this was the life path you wanted to take? What made you decide?
A: I decided on this because psychology and sociology has always interested me. I always wanted to do something I love and I found Stage Managing accidentally.

Q: What exactly do you love about stage production?
A: I love the idea that I get to see a show from casting to the final performance. I was first interested in performing then I realized that I loved running and calling a show instead.

Q: How did you first become interested in this activity?
A: Mrs. Orabuena brought up the idea and I just adored the adrenaline of cueing a show and running one. My brother was in theatre when he was in high school, and I loved watching the shows.

Q: Were there any major obstacles you had to overcome? How did you deal with them?
A: An obstacle that I faced was not being casted in the parts that I wanted in shows. I had to have a moment to collect my thoughts and then I realized that I am better suited in running a show.

Q: Are there any major role models or inspirational figures that have guided you?
A: I never really had a role or major figure that guided me. I was more into proving myself wrong and trying new things while also proving to people who didn’t think I could do something.

Q: What do you think is the most valuable lesson you have learned from your experiences?
A: The biggest lesson I learned was to keep trying because your day will come. As long as you try and you did your best, there is no harm. Lessons are better learned when you experience them yourself.

Q: What is one tip/advice you would give to someone who is considering following the same path as yours?
A: A piece of advice would be if you are interested in something, start learning and get experience. For psychology and sociology, start taking classes in high school to help or take college courses. For stage managing, I would try asking a theatre teacher for a chance or getting experience from a local theatre group.

Q: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
A: In 10 years, I hope to be successful in whatever path I plan on going into. If I go into stage managing, maybe I’m a professional. For psychology, I hope to have a Ph.D and have a practice.
Pachecho has proven that with enough determination, one is able to accomplish anything. With her bright personality and willingness to push herself, there is no doubt that she will succeed in whatever challenge she chooses next.

Ulia Zaman, Staff Writer

Ulia Zaman is a Staff Writer for Smoke Signals and a junior at West High. She is lively and passionate about all the activities she is involved in. She...

• Senior Spotlight: Dahlia Pachecho

Feature

Dancing Their Way Through Change

• Feature

WHS Christmas Spirit Week 2018

• Senior Spotlight: Dahlia Pachecho

Feature

Setting The Stage For Winter At West

• Senior Spotlight: Dahlia Pachecho

Feature

Senior Spotlight: Niccolo Esquivelzeta Sohn

• Senior Spotlight: Dahlia Pachecho

Feature

A Night In A City Of Stars

• Senior Spotlight: Dahlia Pachecho

Feature

West High’s First Lip Dub

• Senior Spotlight: Dahlia Pachecho

Feature

Three Schools Play in Harmony

• Senior Spotlight: Dahlia Pachecho

Feature

Choir Soloists Rock The House

• Senior Spotlight: Dahlia Pachecho

Feature

Jay-Z and David Letterman: My New Fathers

• Senior Spotlight: Dahlia Pachecho

Feature

Coming FORTh to IOS

Senior Spotlight: Dahlia Pachecho