Going By The Numbers

Courtesy+of+Enterprise+54+
Courtesy of Enterprise 54

Courtesy of Enterprise 54

Courtesy of Enterprise 54

Sanskriti Adigal, Staff Writer

West High has been offering accounting classes that are available to students in all grade levels who are interested.

The two year course is taught by Mrs. Burt, who described the curriculum as one that will teach the average student business terminology, journalizing, posting, profitability, and analyzing the concepts as a whole.

She stated, “Accounting helps a student become financially literate in order to have better understanding of how money works, filing taxes, and make sound investments whether personal or business.”

Students taking the course for the first time will be enrolled in Accounting 1, in which the primary focus is on financial statements for a sole proprietorship, partnership, and corporations. On the other hand, Accounting 2 digs further deeper by touching on Departmentalized Corporations and data entries.

Ali Ahmad (12), who is currently an Accounting 2 student and developed interest in the course from his father, described the workload as time consuming but also

stated, “This class is the starting point of your business, your future as a person, your career, your check, and your guide to being successful.”

Sherry Fu (12), an Accounting 1 student who also took accounting at El Camino College, states, “I knew that I am going to pursue business in college and the first thought is becoming an accountant. This class has helped me learn concepts that I will probably use.”

The textbook used in the class is Century 21 Accounting by Multicolumn Journal. On a regular basis, students can expect to have class discussions, and then independent study to complete any assigned classwork.

If this class seems appealing to people who are interested in pursuing a career in the financial side of business, have an aptitude with math concepts, or are simply eager to learn something new, it is available next year.

• Going By The Numbers

Feature

West High’s First Lip Dub

• Going By The Numbers

Feature

Three Schools Play in Harmony

• Going By The Numbers

Feature

Choir Soloists Rock The House

• Going By The Numbers

Feature

Jay-Z and David Letterman: My New Fathers

• Going By The Numbers

Feature

Coming FORTh to IOS

• Going By The Numbers

Feature

Senior Spotlight: Sarah Geltz

• Going By The Numbers

Feature

Senior Spotlight: Alanna Tran

• Going By The Numbers

Feature

A Rainbow After Every Storm

• Going By The Numbers

The Jonas Brothers Are The Best Boy Band of All Time

• Going By The Numbers

Feature

Kim And Kanye Have A Baby

Going By The Numbers