Alumni Founds Let’s Give Organization

Courtesy of Let's Give

Courtesy of Let's Give

Sanskriti Adigal, Staff Writer

West High alumni, Naomie Dalisay who founded the organization Let’s Give graduated with the Class of 2017. She coordinated the club with her fellow board members in December of her junior year.

still continues to pursue her efforts into making the movement more successful everyday.

Some of the central people involved in Let’s Give aside from Dalisay include Diego Gonzalez, Dinhan Pham, and Hanna Bangard. They helped co-found and make the movement possible during their highschool years.

Let’s Give focuses on its three initiatives, which include community, culture, and global. The active members in the club give back to the people by mobilizing the youth generations around them through community service events, helping people in need through international travel, and distributing supplies to the unprivileged.

When explaining her source of inspiration in making everything possible, Dalisay stated, “I was raised on giving, my grandmother was an immigrant who worked extremely hard for everything she had. When she was stable she gave, and taught us to do the same. I created Let’s Give to create a bigger platform in order for the youth to get more involved.”

Let’s Give hosts monthly volunteer opportunities for junior college and high school students across Los Angeles. Meetings are held on a biweekly basis in a member’s house. Each branch of Let’s Give has its own set of committee including directors, assistant directors, and commissioners who collaboratively work together to educate and strategize.

Since its start in 2015, the organization has accomplished great things through volunteering some of which include fundraising and donating proceeds to the Michigan water crisis, facilitating workshops for the minority youth, and even aiding the homeless.

Vice President of Marketing and Cofounder Hanna Bangard mentions how involvement in the club has truly impacted her, stating, “The first meeting was very foreign to me, but right away I felt connected. I realized that I was surrounded by high schoolers who genuinely wanted to make a difference in their community. I could see true potential from this idea as I sat in a small living room with about 8 other strangers. I decided to step out of my comfort zone and help make this club into the amazing group it is today.”

Anyone interested in this club can easily learn more about this organization by looking at the website or even heading over to the official Instagram page: @lets.give. Dalisay agrees that it is important for the youth to understand that they have a voice and being involved in their community is beautiful.

Sanskriti Adigal, Entertainment Editor

Sanskriti Adigal is the Entertainment Editor for 2018-19 staff of Smoke Signals. She likes being involved in the community and is in organizations such...

• Alumni Founds Let’s Give Organization

Feature

Meet your 2020 ASB!

• Alumni Founds Let’s Give Organization

Feature

West High Theater’s Latest Musical

• Alumni Founds Let’s Give Organization

Feature

Senior Spotlight: Efrain Hernandez Alvarez

• Alumni Founds Let’s Give Organization

Feature

Celebrating International Women’s Day with Ms. Namigata

• Alumni Founds Let’s Give Organization

Feature

West High Warriors: Glowing In The Dark

• Alumni Founds Let’s Give Organization

Speech and Debate State Qualifier Tournament

• Alumni Founds Let’s Give Organization

Feature

Accepting Submissions Now For Arrowheads 2019

• Alumni Founds Let’s Give Organization

Feature

Jordan Sasaki Bellan: A Survivor and A Fighter

• Alumni Founds Let’s Give Organization

Feature

West High Multicultural Day 2019

• Alumni Founds Let’s Give Organization

Feature

West Academic Decathlon Wins County

Alumni Founds Let’s Give Organization