The Orlando Bloom And Katy Perry Engagement

Courtesy of female first.co.uk

Courtesy of female first.co.uk

Courtesy of female first.co.uk

Courtesy of female first.co.uk

Aleeza Adnan, Staff Writer

Katy Perry and OrlandoBloom have been on and off ever since their first meeting at the 2016 Golden Globes after-party. After years of keeping the couple’s fans on their toes, Bloom finally tied their relationship together with an engagement on Valentine’s Day.

He placed a $5 million engagement ring on the pop star’s finger that night. Many people have noticed the ring is similar to the one of Bloom’s ex-wife, Miranda Kerr. The marriage token has a gold band with a heavy 4-carat oval-shaped pink diamond on top, surrounded by eight white diamonds to resemble a blooming flower.

After a selfie posted on each of the pair’s separate Instagram accounts, followers began speculating a marriage. Perry appeared teary-eyed in the photo she captioned as “full bloom” while showcasing her flower-shaped ring. Bloom posted the same picture with the caption “lifetimes” to hint to his followers that they were sealing the deal.

Although not explicitly stated by their captions, Perry’s mother, Mary Hudson, confirmed the announcement by sharing photos of the couple under an arch of red heart-shaped balloons on Facebook, with the caption “look who got engaged last night.”

Earlier on the proposal day, Bloom had also posted a quote by author Daisaku Ikeda to acknowledge Valentine’s Day, which said, “A shallow person will have only shallow relationships. Real love is not one person clinging to another, it can only be fostered between two strong people secure in their individuality…. Love is not two people gazing at each other, but two people looking ahead together in the same direction.”

Speaking of different directions, this marriage will be the second one for both. Russell Brand had previously broken up with Katy Perry over their conflicting schedules taking them on different directions in life. They had been married for two years till 2012, Brand spilled the news of a divorce to Perry over text.

Muniza Ahmed (11), a fan of Perry, commented, “Although they have broken up multiple times, Orlando Bloom seems to be a better fit for Perry than Russell Brand. Perry went through a lot after the divorce and she deserves to have someone who will treat her better than someone who chooses to break-up over a text.”

Bloom had also previously been married to Miranda Kerr for three years and together they share an eight-year-old son, Flynn Bloom. Bloom hopes to have more children and Perry wants to become a mother as they both plan to settle down together and slow down their careers for a while.

Manaal Sultan (10), a follower of the couple, commented upon hearing the news of the engagement saying, “Both Bloom and Perry and influential people in Hollywood and together they will be a strong power couple in the industry. This relationship will be the best for both of them as they seem genuinely happy with each other.”

Perry had recently released a hit song “365” with DJ Zedd, but has decided to prioritize starting a family with Bloom above her music. There are no wedding plans yet, but the couple is currently planning a private engagement party for their friends and family and are excited to embark the next chapter of their life.

Aleeza Adnan, Staff Writer

Aleeza Adnan is a junior at West High and a Staff Writer for Smoke Signals. She is also on the West High Speech and Debate team and is very passionate...

• The Orlando Bloom And Katy Perry Engagement

Olivia Jade’s USC Admissions Scandal

Captain Marvel Soars in Popularity

Speech and Debate State Qualifier Tournament

West High’s 2019 Talent Show

R. Kelly Pleads Not Guilty to Sexual Abuse Charges

Free Solo:Climbing New Heights at the Oscars

Famous Unconditional Surrender Statue Graffitied

America’s Got Talent Past Champion Takes the Win Again

Fashion Designer Karl Lagerfeld Dies

Ariana Grande’s Thank U, Next Predicted to Top Charts