Red Dead Redemption 2 And Its Many Details

Courtesy+of+Rockstar+Games+

Courtesy of Rockstar Games

Courtesy of Rockstar Games

Courtesy of Rockstar Games

Courtesy of Rockstar Games

Zack Allen, Staff Writer

On October 26, a video game that was beyond hyped was released by Rockstar Games, the title of this game was Red Dead Redemption 2.

It is a prequel to the huge commercial and critical hit Red Dead Redemption. The game is set in the year 1899 and follows the protagonist, Arthur Morgan, through rugged Western towns and landscapes as he and his gang led by Dutch Van Der Linde attempt to escape the law and survive as the era of cowboys and outlaws comes to an end.

The game, though having a great story, has become big in the light of the public because of its attention to detail. While strolling through the expansive map of the interactive west, you may discover many strangers, these being old blind fortune tellers, a civil war vet who lost their arm, or even a weeping ghost in the middle of a swamp.

At first glance, these may seem like the kind of details you’d see in your average video game, but Rockstar takes it a step further by making the way you treat the strangers in the world affect the way your character interacts with other people.

An example of how strangers may treat you differently comes in when you rob a store. When you rob a store, the shopkeeper will remember you and ask you to not cause any trouble. Where as in the first Red Dead Redemption you would be greeted just the same as if you had not robbed the store.

Other examples of meticulous attention to detail comes in the way light shines through characters ears and even their noses, along with Morgan raising his voice while talking to other characters. These details extend to Morgan being able to receive claw marks on his clothing in combat with a bear.

The collage of mini details added to the Red Dead Redemption 2 make it that much more immersive and fun.

According to a fan of the game Nicholas Russo (11) says, “You actually feel like you are apart of the game. Best game I have ever played.”

However with different gamers comes their opposing opinions. Some of the games critics go as far as to say the game is a “Walking Simulator.”

Sydney Stogryn (12) has put some of her free time into playing the game and says, “I play for more of the story and just like to play for fun so like all of the little details are little much for me.”

Stogryn does have a point, some of the details can be much but ultimately that is the games claim to fame.

Many gamers are excited to see what Rockstar does next, and are ultimately excited for the details that will be coming in their new projects such as Grand Theft Auto IV.

Zack Allen, Staff Writer

Zack Allen is a Staff Writer for Smoke Signals and a junior at West High. On top of that, he is a member of Play Production and the Vice President of Film...

• Red Dead Redemption 2 And Its Many Details

Ariana Grande Drops A New Bop

Pete Davidson Speaks Out On Bullying

Ranveer and Deepika Tie the Knot in Extravagant Indian Wedding

Queen Rises To Stardom On The Big Screen

Spongebob Creator Passes Away

Big Roar From The Lion King

Comic Book Legend Stan Lee Dead

Thousand Oaks Suffering After Shooting And Fire

‘Megyn Kelly Today’ Canceled from NBC

Simone Biles Perseveres In The World Championships