A Wicked Return

Courtesy of TheBlackListNYC

Courtesy of TheBlackListNYC

Courtesy of TheBlackListNYC

Ulia Zaman, Staff Writer

On September 26, NBC announced that they will be celebrating the 15 year anniversary of the record-smashing hit blockbuster Broadway musical Wicked. In addition to original cast members Idina Menzel and Kristin Chenoweth, worldwide stars such Ariana Grande and Pentatonix will also be joining the celebration.

Nikki Mackenzie (12) said, “Ariana Grande and Pentatonix are super talented. I appreciate the choice of artists, because [Grande] and Kirsten, [member of Pentatonix], have both been on broadway before. I am excited for the celebration!”

A reunion between Chenoweth and Menzel amid a spectacular performance celebrating their most famous work is bound to excite fans that have followed the musical for a long time. The two actresses will host and perform in the show, dubbed A Very Wicked Halloween: Celebrating 15 Years on Broadway. Since opening in 2003, the musical and its skilled cast have successfully executed countless tours on  international stages.

The team that will be working behind the scenes will be lead by Broadway specialist David Stone. It will also include La La Land producer Marc Platt, and while many are anticipating this event with high hopes, others are still focused on the  film adaptation of Wicked that is scheduled for release on December 20, 2019, produced by Platt himself. Supposedly this big screen project has been underway since the initial shattering success of the musical.

An avid fan of the musical, Hannah Logo (11) said, “I hope that the movie lives up to the years of great performances [delivered] by the broadway and tour casts of the musical. I just hope it isn’t ruined when depicted in a movie.”

While not many details regarding the celebration have been released yet, many fans are anxiously waiting to see what other plans the cast may have in store for the upcoming year.

Ulia Zaman, Staff Writer

Ulia Zaman is a Staff Writer for Smoke Signals and a junior at West High. She is lively and passionate about all the activities she is involved in. She...

• A Wicked Return

‘Megyn Kelly Today’ Canceled from NBC

• A Wicked Return

Red Dead Redemption 2 And Its Many Details

• A Wicked Return

Simone Biles Perseveres In The World Championships

• A Wicked Return

Demi Moore Shares Her Story of Struggles and Successes

• A Wicked Return

Joji Drops Debut Album

• A Wicked Return

Selma Blair Opens Up About Her Battle with Multiple Sclerosis

• A Wicked Return

The Issues With Horror Films of Today

• A Wicked Return

Delayed Release of Wonder Woman 1984

• A Wicked Return

Halloween Slashes Its Way Back Into Theaters

• A Wicked Return

Cardi B Arrested For Endangerment And Assault

A Wicked Return