Cosby Gets Sentenced For Sexual Assault

Cosby Gets Sentenced For Sexual Assault

NORRISTOWN, PA - SEPTEMBER 24:  Bill Cosby departs the Montgomery County Courthouse on the first day of sentencing in his sexual assault trial on September 24, 2018 in Norristown, Pennsylvania.  In April, Cosby was found guilty on three counts of aggravated indecent assault for drugging and sexually assaulting Andrea Constand at his suburban Philadelphia home in 2004.  60 women have accused the 80 year old entertainer of sexual assault. Courtesy of the Wrap

NORRISTOWN, PA - SEPTEMBER 24: Bill Cosby departs the Montgomery County Courthouse on the first day of sentencing in his sexual assault trial on September 24, 2018 in Norristown, Pennsylvania. In April, Cosby was found guilty on three counts of aggravated indecent assault for drugging and sexually assaulting Andrea Constand at his suburban Philadelphia home in 2004. 60 women have accused the 80 year old entertainer of sexual assault. Courtesy of the Wrap

Getty Images

Getty Images

Getty Images

Zack Allen, Staff Writer

Fourteen years ago, Bill Cosby drugged and sexually assaulted Andrea Constand. Fast forward to present day, Cosby now looks to spend three to ten years in prison.

Pennsylvania Judge Steven O’Neil stated that Cosby is a “sexually violent predator.” Even though Cosby is just now getting his sentence after fourteen years, Constand actually came out in 2005 to the police with the incident. No charges were pressed and the whole situation was settled in civil court. However, with the rise of the #MeToo movement, many women came out to say how Cosby had done similar things to them.

In April, Cosby was charged with three counts of aggravated indecent assault on Constand.

In response to this, Daylen Almaraz (11) put in his thoughts on the topic saying that “I think the reason that [they are] cracking down on him is because he is a celebrity.”

Finally, in September 2018, Cosby was sentenced to three to ten years in prison. Cosby’s spokesperson, Andrew Wyatt, even took to Twitter saying, “They persecuted Jesus and look what happened. [I am] not saying Mr. Cosby’s Jesus, but we know what this country has done to black men for centuries.”

Although Wyatt has been saying this, the victims of Cosby’s abuse, such as Kathy Mckee and Chelan Lasha, have rejoiced with Cosby’s sentencing.

Matthew Blanco (11), glad about the sentencing, said “I think that this is a great step in our society.”

Cosby must now pay $25,000 plus extra costs for the prosecution. On top of that, Cosby is to be registered as a sex offender. After being transferred from Montgomery County Correctional Facility, Cosby will be spending his nights for the next three to ten years in Phoenix State Correctional Institute.

Zack Allen, Staff Writer

Zack Allen is a Staff Writer for Smoke Signals and a junior at West High. On top of that, he is a member of Play Production and the Vice President of Film...

• Cosby Gets Sentenced For Sexual Assault

Ariana Grande Drops A New Bop

Pete Davidson Speaks Out On Bullying

Ranveer and Deepika Tie the Knot in Extravagant Indian Wedding

Queen Rises To Stardom On The Big Screen

Spongebob Creator Passes Away

Big Roar From The Lion King

Comic Book Legend Stan Lee Dead

Thousand Oaks Suffering After Shooting And Fire

‘Megyn Kelly Today’ Canceled from NBC

Red Dead Redemption 2 And Its Many Details

Cosby Gets Sentenced For Sexual Assault