Post Stoney

Courtesy of XXL Magazine

Courtesy of XXL Magazine

Courtesy of XXL Magazine

Jamie Park, Staff Writer

Post Malone dropped a new album, Beerbongs & Bentleys, on April 27. The album has eighteen songs in total, featuring artists like 21 Savage, John Mayer, and Nicki Minaj.

Starting last year, Malone released bits and pieces of his new album; all his sneak-peeks made it to the top ten within the first several days. The first song released was “Rockstar” on September 17. Within the following couple weeks, the song climbed to the top of Billboard Hot 100 for eight weeks. On spotify, the song broke the record of “Longest No. 1 Run.”

Ansh Kumar (9), a big fan of Malone,said, “I really enjoyed listening to ‘Rockstar.’ It was upbeat and a good song to jam to. I was super excited for B&B even though it came out late, and after it got released, it’s been all I’ve been listening to.”

A couple months after “Rockstar,” the Texas native released another Billboard Hot 100 song, “Psycho,” featuring Ty Dolla $ign. Malone then became the second rapper (and the ninth artist) to have more than one song as Top 2 from the Hot 100.

Mara Pasos(9) favorite song is “Psycho.” She said, “I love ‘Psycho.’ I can really chill to the song. Beerbongs & Bentleys has other songs that are exactly ‘Psycho,’ where I can relax to which is why I love the album.”

In December 2016, Malone made a post on Twitter claiming that his new album was not just a song, but a project—a lifestyle. As soon as the album was released, the streaming numbers skyrocketed.

According to Spotify, Malone’s album Beerbongs & Bentleys broke the global first-streaming record, topping J. Cole’s release of “KOD,” which got 36.7 million streams. Globally, B&B collected 78.7 million streams and obtained 47.9 million in the U.S.

Although Harrison Kwon (10) does not listen to Malone, he has heard bits of the new album. He said, “I don’t normally listen to Post Malone, but the small clips that I’ve heard of convinced me to listen to B&B.”

Along with his album, Malone has also announced the release of new merch. The theme revolves around a construction site that can be seen on the cover art of “Psycho.”

Although B&B was dropped a month later than it was initially announced, the album, according to streamers across the world, did not disappoint.

Jamie Park, Staff Writer

Jamie is a Senior at West High. She is a staff writer for Smoke Signals. She is obsessed with the color pink, enjoys listening to music, going to the...

• Post Stoney

‘Megyn Kelly Today’ Canceled from NBC

• Post Stoney

Red Dead Redemption 2 And Its Many Details

• Post Stoney

Simone Biles Perseveres In The World Championships

• Post Stoney

Demi Moore Shares Her Story of Struggles and Successes

• Post Stoney

Joji Drops Debut Album

• Post Stoney

Selma Blair Opens Up About Her Battle with Multiple Sclerosis

• Post Stoney

The Issues With Horror Films of Today

• Post Stoney

Delayed Release of Wonder Woman 1984

• Post Stoney

Halloween Slashes Its Way Back Into Theaters

• Post Stoney

A Wicked Return

Post Stoney