Frank Castle Joins Netflix

Courtesy of Dread Central

Courtesy of Dread Central

Courtesy of Dread Central

Anna Kim, Staff Writer

On Friday, November 17, Netflix released the first season of the new series, The Punisher. Based on the Marvel comics, the show focuses on Frank Castle (Jon Bernthal), also known as The Punisher, and his vigilante tactics in fighting crime.

In the first episode, Castle mourns the death of his wife and two children, determined to get his revenge. As seen through his numerous murders, the nature of his character is revealed to be very stoic and violent.

Becky Fuller, an interviewer from Screen Rant, stated, “The Punisher is dark, brutal, unflinching and uncompromising in its violence. It’s also Marvel’s best Netflix series to date.”

While a variety of supporting characters, such as Micro (Ebon Moss-Bachrach) and Curtis (Jason R. Moore), contribute greatly to the plot of the show, it is ultimately about Castle and his search to know why his family was killed. He finds killing those who took his family, among other criminals, as a form of coping with his loss.

As a fan of the series, Marienz Malig (11) said, “Despite all of the violence and the killings, I really enjoyed the amount of love and remembrance [the Punisher] has for his family members. His attitude of showing no mercy really displays his mourning attachment.”

While the show focuses on the character development of Castle, it is also able to capture issues of gun control and the post-traumatic stress of war.

With the death of his family and his time served in the war, PTSD haunts every moment of his life. Not only does it reveal Castle’s internal problem, it also exposes what veterans of war may deal with in present-day America.

A recent fan of the show, Joyce Park (10), said, “It is definitely different compared to the usual Marvel type, superhero movies. I think some viewers who have experienced the death of a loved one will be able to relate to the pain and grieving that comes with it, as seen from Castle, minus all of the murders.”

The first season of The Punisher is out on Netflix, so make sure to check it out.

• Frank Castle Joins Netflix

H&M’s Jungle Bungle

• Frank Castle Joins Netflix

H&M’s Jungle Bungle

• Frank Castle Joins Netflix

Empowering Women And Earning Accolades

• Frank Castle Joins Netflix

The Jonas Brothers Are The Best Boy Band of All Time

• Frank Castle Joins Netflix

Danny Masterson Suffers Consequences Following Rape Allegations

• Frank Castle Joins Netflix

K-Pop Singer Jonghyun Commits Suicide

• Frank Castle Joins Netflix

Oprah Winfrey 2020

• Frank Castle Joins Netflix

Logan Paul Under Fire For Graphic Video

• Frank Castle Joins Netflix

Editorial

The Essence Of Adolescence

• Frank Castle Joins Netflix

DAMN. NEW ALBUM.

Frank Castle Joins Netflix